Monday 28 February 2011

Drinking the Stars Is Why I Love Champagne


Beyond all the wonderful things my boyfriend did for my birthday, he made a champagne cork pop up for me the other night.  The bubbles! I love bubbles! Rising charmingly in every glass of champagne, the infinite streams of tiny perfect bubbles, running upwards like they don’t want to be late for some appointment. I am drinking the stars! cried Dom Perignon on his first sip of champagne. Champagne might indeed taste like the stars - or like the star dust maybe - but  it will always represent the whole underwater world captured in a single champagne glass aquarium. Remainding me of the ocean, the beach, diving, and the freedom. It's the hapiness. And quite oposite, the infinit, and the silence of the soul.



How that would feel to drink champagne from the Varga's Pacifica crystal champagne flute? Exquisitely detailed images of Starfish, Medusa, Seahorse, Shell, Octopus, and Shellfish decorate each glass. Varga Art Crystal is a tribute to the timeless elegance of Hungarian craftsmanship. Each hand-cut stem or is individually signed by hand.