Tuesday 1 March 2011

Givenchy Spring 2011 at the Oscar Night

Although I am not the biggest fan of the Oscar Night, what I truly enjoy is the red carpet celebrity arrivals. It's a glamorous night designed for gossiping, fashion commenting and showing off! I always have my own best dress winner. This year Cate Blanchett's dress was definitely my favorite. She was wearing Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture and looked sensational. I googeled the Givenchy collection and learnt that one dress,  with hand-dyed and hand-cut matte sequins, took 4,000 hours of handwork to assemble! The dress was made of lilac chiffon with pearls details and with shocks of bright yellow in the back. Sensational combination!
The collection’s designer, Riccardo Tisci, was inspired by Japanese robot toys and Kazuo Ohno, the legendary Japanese Butoh Dancer. It’s goes beyond fashion. It’s a masterpiece!