Wednesday 2 March 2011

The King’s Speech starring Van Cleef & Arpels

The King’s Speech won 4 Academy Awards 2011. It’s a British historical drama directed by Tom Hooper and written by David Seidler It is a wonderful movie and I enjoyed watching it a lot. There is however a scene that increased my enthusiasm more than others: it was during a party where Wallis Simpson (performed by Eve Best) appeared wearing the unforgettable aubergine dress. I literally hold my breath when I saw it! The draping around her neck and the fabric draped from shoulder to shoulder in a low scoop revealing her bare back and a gorgious Van Cleef & Arpel's Zip Pompom necklace. 'King's Speech' costume designer Jenny Beavan, a nine-time Oscar nominee, did a great job. The whole outfit including accesories (especially gold and diamond set Cadenas watch, and already mentioned diamond Zip necklace) represented the sophisticated, chic and timeles style… and timeless is why I truly enjoy fashion.